Global Chat or Global is one of the main chat channels in PokéMMO.
Global Chat becomes available to players after they have obtained their fourth Gym Badge. This chat channel is viewable across all eight Game Channels - it is therefore very highly populated. Community Managers regularly use/moderate this channel.
Global Chat has no set purpose, but people generally use it for reasons such as asking questions, looking for a battle, recruiting members for a team, and general discussion.
Whether it has to do with PokeMMO mechanics, the storyline, or competitive play, many players throughout the community need help. Luckily, there are also many players throughout the community who are willing to dedicate their time to helping these people. Asking a question in Global Chat will likely get an answer soon, either by answers directly in the Chat or via Whisper.
Looking for a Battle
Looking for a battle is common in Global Chat, and perfectly legal. Matchmaking is implemented in the second floor of any Pokémon Center. You may go there to battle if you feel you cannot find one in Global Chat. If you are posting in Global for a while and still not getting a response, it is recommended to go to Viridian City, channel 1, as it is known as a Battle and Trade hotspot.
Team Recruitment is a common practice in Global Chat. Using this method of recruitment is useful as Global Chat spans across all 8 channels and anybody can see it. If you would like to recruit even more, you can try posting your Team in The Round Table on the PokeMMO Forums. Please note that as Team Recruitment is allowed in Global Chat, spamming is not.
The following rules for Global Chat have been put in effect for various reasons. Depending on the rule broken, the punishment will vary. These rules for Global Chat go hand-in-hand with the General Game Rules. General Game Rules will still be listed as they are very important to follow in this chat, as anyone can see what you post. Please note that the punishment given is to the discretion of the staff member.
The Global Chat rules are as follow:
- You may not post trades in Global Chat. There is a Trade Chat for a reason.
- You may not bypass the Bad Language Filter.
- You may not speak of or discuss how to obtain ROMs.
- You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress to others.
- You may not spam, flood, or repeatedly make duplicate post.
- You may not post gibberish (Ex: dbkefbksgfug, fldiuldiubfl).
- You may not solicit, advertise, or promote any services other than PokéMMO.
- You may not discuss any exploitable issues. Report them to a staff member privately.
- You may not post or link to any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethically offensive content.