Before EV Training your pokemon never forget to let it hold Macho Brace since it doubles the amount of EV your pokemon gains.
Also you may want to feed you pokemon Vitamins before you go out EV Training. There are 6 diffrent vitamins, one for each EV stat. Each one may be feed up to 10 times to an untrained pokemon. Each Vitamin costs P$9800, and may be purchased from The Celadon Department Store.
- HP Up: Adds 10 HP EVs to the target Pokémon per use, until it has 100 HP EVs or 510 total EVs.
- Protien: Adds 10 Attack EVs to the target Pokémon per use, until it has 100 Attack EVs or 510 total EVs.
- Iron: Adds 10 Defence EVs to the target Pokémon per use, until it has 100 Defense EVs or 510 total EVs.
- Calcium: Adds 10 Sp.Att EVs to the target Pokémon per use, until it has 100 Special Attack EVs or 510 total EVs.
- Zinc: Adds 10 Sp.Def EVs to the target Pokémon per use, until it has 100 Special Defense EVs or 510 total EVs.
- Carbos: Adds 10 Speed EVs to the target Pokémon per use, until it has 100 Speed EVs or 510 total EVs.
HP EV Pokémon
1 HP EV
- Caterpie - Viridian Forest - Lv. 3-5
- Shroomish - Viridian Forest
- Ditto - Routes 13 to 15 - Lv. 25
- Dunsparce - Other side of Cave at 3 Isle Port - Lv. 10-30
- Nidoran (F)
2 HP EV
- Clefairy - Mt. Moon
- Snorlax - Just once on Routes 12 & 16 each - Lv. 30
Attack EV Pokémon
1 Attack EV
- Bellsprout - Routes 12 to 15
- Nidoran (M)
- Paras - Mt. Moon - Lv. 5-10
2 Attack EV
- Weepinbell - Routes 12 to 15
Defense EV Pokémon
1 Defense EV
- Cubone - Pokémon Tower - Lv.15-19
- Geodude - Mt. Moon & Rock Tunnel - Lv. 7-12 & 15-17
- Onix - Mt. Moon & Rock Tunnel - Lv. &
- Pineco - Viridian Forest
- Tangela - Below Pallet town, need surf to cross the water to get to the grass area.
2 Defense EV
- Kakuna - Viridian Forest - Lv. 4-6
- Marowak - Victory Road - Lv. 44-48, also just once in Pokémon Tower (uncapturable) - Lv. 30
- Metapod - Viridian Forest - Lv. 4-6
- Slowbro - Seafoam Islands
Sp. Attack EV Pokémon
1 Sp. Attack EV
- Cacnea - Spooky Pokémon
- Gastly - Pokémon Tower - Lv. 13-19
- Magnemite - Power Plant
2 Sp. Attack EV
- Gloom - Routes 12 to 15
- Golduck - Seafoam Islands
- Haunter - Pokémon Tower - Lv. 20-25
- Magneton - Power Plant
Sp. Defense EV Pokémon
1 Sp. Defense EV
- Drowzee - Route 11 - Lv. 11-15
- Venonat - Routes 12 to 15 - Lv. 24-26
- Hoppip - Island 4 & 5
2 Sp. Defense EV
- Dewgong - Seafoam Islands
Speed EV Pokémon
1 Speed EV
- Diglett - Diglett's Cave - Lv. 15-22
- Pidgey - Route 1 lv 2-5
- Rattata - Route 1 lv 2-5
- Weedle - Viridian Forest - Lv. 3-5
- Zubat - Mt. Moon & Rock Tunnel - Lv. 7-12 & 15-17
2 Speed EV
- Dugtrio - Diglett's Cave - Lv. 29-31
- Electabuzz - Power Plant
- Pikachu - Viridian Forest & Power Plant - Lv.3-5 & Lv.
Multiple EV Pokémon
- Butterfree - 1 Sp. Atk | 1 Sp. Def
- Duskull - 1 Defense | 1 Sp. Def - Spooky Pokémon
- Ivysaur - 1 Sp. Atk | 1 Sp. Def
- Muk - 1 HP | 1 Attack
EV Farming Areas
There are some areas in-game where one could encounter pokemons with a 100% encounter rate.
- Attack EVs - Mt. Moon 1BF. Paras has 100% encounter rate there. Fishing with a Super Rod at the Fuschia Pond gives Goldeen, Seaking, and Gyarados (avoid the Psyduck).
- Defense EVs - Grass at Route 21. Tangela has 100% encounter rate there.
- Sp. Attack EVs - Pokémon Tower, mainly Gastly and some Haunter but beware of accidentally defeating Cubone. There is also a floor in Mt Ember with 100% Slugma.
- Sp. Defense EVs - Surf at Route 21, Tentacool has 100% encounter rate there. Hoppip on Memorial Pillar have nearly 100% encounter rate as well.
- Speed EVs - Diglett's Cave, as there's only Diglett and Dugtrio. Fishing almost anywhere with an Old Rod will provide you with Magikarp, which provide 1 Speed EV. Grass at Route 1 is another choice, as there's only Rattata and Pidgey.
- HP EVs - surf in the 4 island pond (avoid the psyduck) or in the 6 island Ruin Valley pond (100% Marill/wooper)